Goodbye, For Now !

My last post for the challenge is going to be me evaluating my blog and saying what I think I can do better. Here is what I found.

• How many posts did you write? – 8 posts
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?– 4 were school based 2 were based on my own interests and 2 were set by the challenge.
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?– I received 60 comments.
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?– The most that received the most comments was the one I wrote about Harry Potter. I think it got the most because their are so many Potterheads out there and it really spoke to them.
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?– I enjoyed writing my All about me page the most because I got to put my style and spunkiness into it and people really enjoyed reading it.
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?– I didn’t change  my blog theme at all. It took me a week or so to find the theme that I chose but the one I have now really fit my style of writing and personality.
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?- I think I have just enough widgets including all of the mandatory ones.
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?– I have 9 overseas and across the USA students in my blogroll

–  Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog?– I used links in my blog because it is a fun way to show people the resources I used.

Today the principal of my school Mrs. Benay reviewed my blog and here are the questions I asked here and the answers she gave me.

1. What were your first impressions of this blog?– She thought that it was consistent with the font and colors. She also liked how I had pages for the important things that I wrote about.
  2. What captured your attention?– The colors and how well written my blog was is what captured her attention. Also the appearance and widgets I had.  
  3. What distracted you on the blog?– Nothing was distracting for her but she said that the different fonts and colors could be distracting to others.  
  4. What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?-She said definitely be extra careful with the spelling and grammar. Maybe you can make categories for your blog that way reader can find different subjects easily.

Over all here advice was really useful and I will definitely take that advice. If anyone who is reading this has advice about what I could do to make it better comment down below. I can’t wait to be a part of this challenge again and Hope you all come back to read the rest of what I have this year!

Bye Bloggers,

-Lily

6 thoughts on “Goodbye, For Now !

1. Hi Lily,
    It is a nice post. Some advice from me is to put some comedy into your own interest writing. You have a talent for making the jokes enjoyable and don’t use to much punchlines. (the about me page) I enjoy your blog and would like to visit it next year!

Lina=D

• Thank You Lina,
      I will definataly use that advice.
      I live in American so we are having winter break but I will be in the March Blogging Challenge.
      Talk to you then.
      -Lily

2. Helloooo!
    My name is Dinah and I’m helping with the new Student Blogging Challenge. I can’t believe it is that time already!
    What activities will you try this first challenge? I always start strong with the first challenge; I’ve introduced myself in different ways. A favorite was my story using the alphabet.
    I read your About Me page. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I enjoy all the lights and music.
    Even though I’m “old” I still remember Kindergarten naps on floor rugs. When the teacher wasn’t watching we scooted around. Now kids have cots. Not as much fun.
    Well, I’ll check back soon.
    Have fun with the new challenges.
    Bye.
    Dinah

• Hi Emily,
      Thank you for the comment.
      No my sister does’t have a blog she is only 7.
      And so far I have gotten 70 comments.
      -Lily